Thursday, November 27, 2008

Our Provisions

On Thanksgiving Day we remember the Thanksgiving Feast of the piligrims who praised God for His provisions for them. Even in the hardships they faced in leaving their home country, traveling in tight quarters for months, building a new home, and barely surviving a harsh winter! They praised God!!!

And here I am many, many years later eating a meal called Thanksgiving. I have a plate before me of food. Good food. Lovingly prepared. And I am thankful!

I may not have had similiar struggles and hardships that the piligrims faced, but I still have learned that God provides. I have a strong and reliable roof over my head. I have a loving family. And I have meals daily. Praise God for His provisions for us!!

May we be faithful to give thanks to Him!!

No comments: