Friday, December 19, 2008

Bummed.....

Well we were all excited to finally pick up our Christmas cards yesterday!!! I did order them through Walmart.... they are soo cheap and we LOVE to send them to friends and family , so I can afford to get enough to send:)

Anyway, I got a picture of the family that we liked. And I did some editting of it on Picasa 3... which I thought looked good



But then I saw the cards yesterday!!! The picture was sooo dark compared to the one that I had sent Walmart and the sharpness/quality had diminished??? What could I do??? I mean I have to send out the Christmas cards and there was a warning about the picture quality being altered for larger sizes.... but good grief!!!



It's really darker than even my picture of the card shows.... I'm totally bummmed.

But I at least have cards to send out. And I've learned my lesson... hopefully... I'll be asking for help and getting a sample next year before ordering ALL my cards.

The more annoying problem is that I can't go from Picasa to Walmart anymore... and I have some that I wanted to get some larger prints.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

That's so disappointing! I usually order from Kodak Gallery, but Drea told me about Snap Fish which I think has better prices. Our cards turned out really well.

Your family and friends will still appreciate a beautiful picture of your family :)

In Everything said...

that's what is confusing b/c Walmart uses Snapfish tools... what's the deal with that??

Heather said...

I REALLY like Wolf Camera. They have 20 cards for $9.99. Great quality, also. Bummer about your cards, I'm sure they're still great. I just love getting these photo cards. What a great way to see friends children growing up.

Drea said...

despite it being dark you can see all yalls super cuteness :-)
next year you all will have the best cards! I am doing them HAHA. I think its fine tho really. Id put it on my fridge :-)

Rachel said...

I've had that problem with darkening on Picasa and then using Snapfish too. Agreed, though, you guys are still adorable!

Anonymous said...

I think this could happen everytime and everywhere, independing whether you give your pics to walmart or to a photo store. it is many years ago, but when my sister started school my parents made a lot of pictures and brought the film to the photo store for developing (remember in the end of the 80's we did not have digitally cameras lol) and when my parents want to pick them, it was told that the film was lost and a couple of months (!!!) they called and told that our pictures have arrived and when we went to pick them up all pictures were light nearly no colour inside. So what to do? Get a good printer, good photo paper and print them out yourself!