Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pre-VBS Week

VBS is coming!! Are you ready????

I started working on my "palm Trees" yesterday and will continue today..... It was much easier to cut them out and spray paint their leaves. I am NOT artistic and so I pretty excited my first one turned out at all... :)


And this is what I feel like during pre-VBS and VBS Weeks....


I take on a lot, but it's because this is one of the only purposefully planned outreaches to the children on our community. I get soo excited when I think of getting to meet new children and hopefully getting to know them and their families better:)

"...and you shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest parts of the earth." Acts 1:8b


In materials pack we found a theme-related Bible. It has a 30-day devotion guide and is meant for younger children. Our prayer during the preparations and VBS weeks is that we would be able to give this to a child that accepts the Lord. So Pray with US for that child and the opportunities to share and show kindness and love to these sweet children.

No comments: