Friday, July 25, 2008

Coming into Canada & Our Visit to Niagara Falls

This morning we ate breakfast in the room, packed up our stuff, and got back into the car. We decided since we couldn't see BOTH sides of the falls we'd just see the Canadian side. So we crossed the Canadian border.... funny story... I was soo sure they'd have me dump all my open lunch meats and my fresh fruit...so I was feeding the kids lunch at 11:15am to get it finished before the border crossing..... all in "vain"!!

After crossing the border we headed to Niagara Falls..... it was huge and amazing!! The kids enjoyed watching the water but they really liked watching the boat The Maid of the Mist. We didn't do any of the attractions, mainly beacsue the kids were exhausted after just walking the length of the falls. And I couldn't see me kids enjoying the boat ride or the hike down in the falls....noise and getting wet... not for sleepy kids!

Here are a few of our pictures......









4 comments:

Mark and Rachel said...

Oh, those bring back so many memories of my childhood! We only lived 3 hours away growing up and we used to go there a lot of summers. Makes me want to go back! Glad you've made it safely. Praying for you!

Drea said...

Caleb asked if he could swim in that "yator Fall" haha

Stacey said...

Gorgeous view! My aunt and uncle live very close to the falls. I have yet to visit them there though.

Stacey said...

Oh, and when you get home and have some time, I might want to get some recipes from you... turns out I have numerous food allergies. I blogged about it, if you have time to check:)