Monday, May 25, 2009

Remembering this Memorial Day

While we did enjoy a relaxing, less scheduled day as a family.... we were honored to participate as an audience to our American Legion's Memorial Day Parade and Service in our town this afternoon.








The meaning of Memorial Day can be easily overlooked as a young American whose has suffered no personal loss from conflicts and wars that our country has played a role in. While I do know of the worrying over a family member serving and the pride I have in my 3 grandfathers' service, my 3 uncles' service, my father-in-law's service and my brother's service.... I am fortunate that my small family hasn't suffered loss. (while I do realize that members of my family know of many of their comrades that did give their lives in the service of our country)

But I do realize that MANY families have suffered loss... some lost loved ones LONG ago and some just recently!! And so while we remember and honor those who have given their lives for our country, let us also remember the grieving families... children who have lost their fathers or mothers, wives who have lost their husbands and parents that have lost their children!

Thank you to all of them for their sacrifice and service to our country!!! And strength and peace for those who are grieving!

1 comment:

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.