Friday, May 29, 2009

A Friend Party

Since 5 is such a BIG number... at least for a 4 yr old... we decided this year to have some friends over for a birthday party with friends:) Anna's at the age now where she has friends and wants to have friends over to play.....

So we did it:) And had a blast!
We had 6 families and 12 kids!!!

Besides the "normal" amusements in our yard... trampoline, swingset, bikes, chalk... we decided to have a pinata and pull out the parachute and the water balloon launcher:) Then lunch, presents.... whew... we were busy! BUt we were soo glad to share Anna's birthday celebration with friends this year.... and it was soo much fun to have everyone at our house.... we appreciated everyone's effort... some driving a long way and others with little babies:)

One mom said, "Well next year we can....." LOL Next year? I'm about to fall over from all the preparations from this year:) ahahhaaa.... a simple "party" takes a lot of prep:) But we did have a GREAT time , so maybe we will....

Andrea has more pictures up on her Flickr... she took the pics for us, while I ran around !

3 comments:

Jenny said...

How fun!

grandma said...

I am so happy you had such a nice birthday party. It looks like you had so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Having a great time with friends is always worth all the preparations. I will go and make a little "party" with my girl friends at the end of June. I enjoyed so much having family and friends around me at my birthday that I thought "why are we being together all only on birthdays?". beside that not all my friends could come and so i am going to make the summer "party"