Thursday, May 14, 2009

Homeschooling with Toddlers

LOL... can you say wild and crazy???

One of the toughest things about homeschooling a mix of ages is keeping everyone busy and giving needed time to the studies that the school-aged kids need. This is a struggle at out house, too!!

Today, I captured one of our "homeschooling survival techniques" bring everyone outside... let the younger ones run and finish working with Anna!!! I am thankful we usually can get all our work done early and enjoy playing outside before lunch with no one working, but today Anna was distracted. Hoping to motivate her to be more focused, I gave her time to be finished and when the younger kids and I would be heading outside. She had PLENTY of time to finish the few, simple tasks I had for her to complete!

But she didn't! And when she finally finished her copywork, I let her go outside and sit next to me to work. Lydia and Chris ran off some energy with their biking, jumping and climbing:)



Anna worked very well outside... especially with my almost full attention on her:) She finished her work well and more importantly with a "happy heart"!

No comments: