Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A glimpse of Spring

Just last week we were playing in snow:) Now this week we are running around in T-shirts and wind-breakers:) When I first moved to this area, my neighbors told me, "if you don't like the weather, wait a few days!" And after 4.5 years I understand how often the weather changes!

We had a little "surprise" in the back "garden" this afternoon.... bulbs I had planted 2 falls ago had started to poke through the brown dead leaves and pine needles:)

I little bit of green in our brown winter garden... a glimpse of spring!!


Not that I want to "wish away" the next few months... but I LOVE the new green of spring, the beautiful flowers and warmer weather!!

I know this passage is in the conversation of not worrying... but it reminds of the beauty of the spring flowers:)

Matt 6:28b,29 -"Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing,yet Solomon[one of the wisest and most wealthiest kings of Isreal] in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are."

We enjoyed looking at the little crocus shoots coming through and it will be fun for the kids to "check on" the little plants and wait with anticipation for their blooms:)And see one little beautiful piece of God's creation this spring!!!

No comments: