Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our Patience Verse

Although I thought I'm a very PATIENT person... I am NOT!

I was thankful that I learned this BEFORE I had kids.... where did I learn my fault??? When I was a substitute teacher. Each day I would walk into a class that was not my own, look at a bunch of kids that I did NOT know and attempt to teach them something:) I'm not sure how many classrooms I was in but more often then not... I found many rotten kids that tested my patience BIG time!!!

And now as a mom my patience is tested daily!! But I have a choice to make in my parenting and walk with Christ. Am I going to be patient and reflect Christ or am I going to get upset and loose it???

Unfortunately, many times I have made the wrong choice and I've had to apologize to my kids !! In fact, Anna now knows that I DON'T want to yell so she'll say to me, "Mommy, you need to say sorry to me because you used a mean voice." Ahhh, the corrections of a child... so needed and hard to take sometimes:)

The kids and I have been discussing and memorizing verses corresponding with the "fruit of the spirit" listed in Galations 5:22!! Last week our topic was patience. The verse I finally chose for us to memorize has really encouraged me this week.....

"Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's
faults because of your love." Eph 4:2b (Living Bible translation)

WOW! I need to be patient NOT because my kids are perfect but because they are imperfect and are going to do wrong and behave badly sometimes. I need to be patient because I LOVE them and others!

I hopes this helps you as much as it encourages me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you for reminding me of my anger management. I can't be patient but I will learn to do it.