Friday, August 15, 2008

Day "Date"

Brian and I took off about mid-morning "kid-free". The kids got to spend the morning and afternoon with Grandma and Grandaddy at the park:)

Brian chased after a dream for a little while..... my husband who once totally stripped and then rebuilt a VW bug confessed that he's always wanted to own a little Jeep mail truck. And there one was waiting for him at the post office:) He got to test drive it and DREAM....


maybe after the PhD is finished and the kiddies are alittle older...


Then we revisited a Book Sale.... we set a limit to how much time we were going to spend browsing... but we BOTH walked out with some sweet deal.... I picked up enough to supplement homeschool preschool at a FRACTION of the cost of ONE month of preschool:)



THen we hit some good clearance racks at the mall, ate a HOT meal (most of my meals are luke warm by the time everyone is served)and just relaxed. We will confess that we did eat lunch the food court watching kids and parents....

THANKS Grandma and Grandaddy:)

2 comments:

Fruitful Labor said...

Wonderful family! Thanks for visiting my blog! Great to see knew people.

Mark and Rachel said...

When I saw the jeap I was trying to figure out why it looked like a UK one--i.e. with the wheel on the right side. Mail truck. It made sense when I kept reading :)