Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bite Update

The kids are doing fine.... you wouldn't know they were bitten unless you looked at their legs:( But I was told not to give them Benadryl until they indicated that the bites hurt or itched... so they haven't had any Benadryl since the initial bites, but I have been putting on plenty of hydrocortisone cream !! So far though, they've been ok!! I'm just waiting for the itchy feeling to really start....

Anna explained to me last night "how" Christopher got bitten (since I was cleaning up Lydia, at the time). She told me that Christopher was just sitting in the little chair. Then the ants saw him and thought, "he would be someone we can bite". So they went over to Christopher, climbed up his legs and onto the chair and bit him....
After we finished reading this afternoon, Christopher looked down at his little legs and he looked up to me and asked, "Like my dots?" What a hoot!!!

I just hope that the bites continue NOT to bother the kids and that they'll heal up with no problems (infections,etc)! For now they think it's funny that they have "chicken pocks"... we read it out of a library book a couple of weeks ago and they remembered!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just be glad that they find it funny. That's better as if they would moan about it. I cross my fingers that there will not come any reaction. Keep us update about it.