Thursday, January 17, 2008

Craft Time, again

Well this morning I sabatoged Christopher's naptime myself by starting to wash his "night-night" (blanket) but not finishing it in time for his nap. He MIGHT have fallen asleep if he still had his paci....so I decided it was a battled I didn't want to fight on this raining middle-of-the-week day :)

So we broke out the crafts and Momma had a plan... ha ha haaaa! From previous posts you know plans don't go quite like they are supposed to in my house during craft time. So the goal was to make elephants out of shapes and paint them...to possibly frame and put up in Christopher's room.

Both of them are wanting to be independent, so after following directions to get the originial craft done (minus the painting) I just started cutting out shapes and let them make what they wanted to. But as I was cutting the shapes out I realized that this was a REALLY FUN lesson on shapes. Anna pretty much knows the basic shapes (even octagon, diamond) but Christopher doesn't. So it was fun to say, "I just cut some squares, who needs some squares." And of course what child doesn't get a kick out of creating something on their own :)






















And I went back to my trusty Q-tip container to round up the perfect toddler utensil for working with glue.....ha ahaha. Just make a pile of glue on a scrap piece of paper and hand them a Q-tip and off they go, glueing up a storm!!!

The finished "creative" project. Can you guess which is Christopher's?


Yep, it's the one with the Q-tip glued onto the paper. He also had a triangled glued to the back of the project b/c he somehow managed to place the corner of the project in his pile of glue:) So the triangle was a quick fix that he liked:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Christopher has made a trademark for himself- he leaves a tool behind and incorporates it into the project. Lets just hope he doesn't grow up to be a surgeon!! Nice artwork kids!!

Erica said...

you are such a good mommy. and you worry about homeschooling ... ha!