Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Christopher, My Christopher

Today is just one of those days that just seemed to be FULL of antics. The two younger ones barely napped this morning. I had a major task and some housekeeping that needed to be completed while they slept....ha hahaha!! Lunch was leftovers. Dishwasher, washing machine and dryer all going at the same time as I tried to clean. But I wanted to blog about my Little Man...

He decided that he didn't want to nap, so he played in his crib. (I think he knew he had made the right choice when he heard Lydia wake soon after he was put in his crib.) The girls played quietly in the living room for a bit and then disappeared......yep, right into Christopher's room. Well he had out his Duplos before his nap, so the girls come in and start playing with his favorite toys! I think he just couldn't handle watching them anymore and he climbed out of his crib!!! I walk in hearing Lydia fussing at someone and find Christopher fighting with her over a toy. He must have understood my surprise at seeing him and he said, "I jumped out my bed."

So we'll be in the market this next week for a bed for him!!! I guess I was expecting it would be soon, but I'm not ready for him to have free reign over the house just yet. We were lucky when we moved Anna to a big bed.....she was soo small she didn't realize that she could climb out herself and it took almost 6 months before she figured it out!! There is NOTHING Christopher won't try to climb in or out of.......so we'll have to plan on some "training time" with him :) Although he LOVES sleeping (when he is ready) so maybe it will be uneventful.

Some have asked about he is doing without his paci. He will occasionally ask for it but we'll just tell it broke and we threw it away at Grandma's house. And he'll usually say "Broke" and he's fine.

1 comment:

Erica said...

all i have to say is doorknob covers!!!!