Sunday, June 22, 2008

One Received and a New Do?

Well on Friday we checked the mail and found one of our passports:) It was mine actually, I had sent in a renewal by regular snail mail and no special rush notes. But the surprising thing was how quickly we received it back.... exactly 7 days!! SO here's hoping for the kids' passport cards to be finished soon, too!!!

One thing I was a little hesitant about was the passport pictures. On the instructions they recommend getting them professionally taken at a place that specializes in passport photos. But it's like $10 a person and we needed pictures for four of us.... like $40 (versus $1.60 doing it ourselves)!!! Anyway, I took them at the house, then took more at Walmart because the first batch didn't fit the requirements:) Yes, I was printing out pictures and then measuring them with rulers at Wally World... I'm sure the photo-people hadn't see this before:) But now that I received mine back without problems the kids' pictures should be fine, too!!!

Ok, here's the other thing on my mind:) I've been growing my hair forever wanting to participate in Locks of Love. This summer, I'm just soo ready for a change:) I just don't give myself any time in the morning to actually "do" my hair.... and with it being the texture it is and this long, it does take some effort to "do" it and not just throw it in a ponytail.... which I do too often:) Anyway, I've been on the hunt for a cute, short, easy haircut. I found this one and have checked with a hair-dresser friend who thinks I actually have enough hair to go ahead and CUT IT..... whoa...

I asked Brian again about it this morning.... and his response was, "I think you should just go ahead and do it." SO the plain Jane girl who usually just gets a trim, might just get more than a trim soon.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I applied for my passport the same day as you. I got mine yesterday.

I love the hairstyle you have picked out. Very cute!!

Stacey said...

That'll look so good on you!

Anonymous said...

I had my hair cut like that before. It was cute but I had to wash and blow it dry every morning because after sleeping it would stick up everywhere. You won't know how your hair will do until you do it. So GO FOR IT!

Praying hard for the kids passport cards to come, SOON.

FinaDrea said...

eee! im so excited to see what it looks like. I want to come watch!! :-D

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at pictures of us from junior year when we both got dramatic cuts! Go for it!