Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Disciplining Challenges

Man, we've had a challenging morning. I'm not sure why.... but this week (starting on Sunday) has been soo challenging. Sunday evening Christopher wouldn't even walk into the front doors of the church..... Brian had to take him back out before we even got IN!!

It's hard to really desire a loving, gracious, and peaceful home and then listen to the whining and arguing that occurs on a regular basis. And what I find even more draining is that some days I find myself constantly having to discipline, correct and referee.

My comfort has been these few verses:

"If you refuse to discipline your son, it proves you don't love him; for if you love him you will be prompt to punish him." Prov 13:24 (Living Bible)

"Discipline your son while there is hope" Prov 19:18

"My son, if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad; my inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak what is right." Prov 23:15

My theme with the kids this week has been "Being Peacemakers"! I've already heard Anna telling Christopher, "That's not nice, you're not being a peacemaker!" So, they're listening and hopefully starting to understand how and why as we talk about it throughout the week.

1 comment:

Drea said...

we are right there with you. BOYS! Love the verses tho. I want to put those on my door post so I see them constantly :-)