Saturday, June 7, 2008

Glorifying God in the Ordinary Days


Wearing Brother's Shoes
Originally uploaded by seethefam
We've been stuck around the house and attempting to keep to ourselves ALL week because of this mystery illness (and today I'm coming down with a cold?). Anyway, I think.... what in the world!!! How can I meet people, encourage others, basically just be a part of a community when I'm STUCK at home......

Then I read the reading for Wednesday in My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers.... a piece reads

"Sometimes it's not the difficulty of life but the drudgery of it that makes me think God will forsake me. When there is no major difficulty to overcome, no vision from God, nothing wonderful or beautiful- just the everyday activities of life- do I hear God's assurance even in these?

We have the idea that God is going to do something some exceptional thing - that He is preparing and equipping us for some extraordinary work in the future. But as we grow in His grace we find Gos is glorifying Himself here and now, at this very moment. If we have God's assurance behind us, the most amazing strength becomes ours, and we learn to sing, glorifying Him even in the ordinary days and ways of life."

My heart and prayer needs to be today and everyday... "Lord help me to glorify You today in the normal routines and activities of life. Not overly focused on what You have for me in future service to You, but the ministry to my family that You've already given me!! "

And it's then that my heart looks for the beauty and joy in the ordinary days:) Like the picture I included.... totally ordinary, but when I stop to capture it and treasure it.....I have a thankful heart and I can glorify God for His goodness for these toddler days:)

No comments: