- 4 matzoh boards (I used generic Saltine Crackers, enough to line the bottom of pan)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (check for allergens)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (we used pecans...we have a grove behind our church)
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Cover a 15-1/2 x 10- inch jelly roll pan with nonstick foil.
2. Line the prepared jelly roll pan with the matzoh to form a single layer, breaking pieces as necessary to fit. Sprinkle with salt.
3. In a small saucepan, bring the butter or margarine and sugar to a boil. Pour mixture evenly over matzoh. Bake at 350 degree F for 10 to 15 minutes or until matzoh is lightly browned.
4. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Working quickly, spread melting chips over matzoh. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
5. Freeze for 3 hours. Break up into 2-inch pieces to serve.