I'm sure many have seen videos, TV clips or Discovery Health shows of the Duggars. Anyway, after their latest appearance on the Today Show, I decided to search their site for "words of wisdom" concerning discipline. I love learning how other parents handle things and things I can incorporate into my house to make our home peaceful, loving, fun and God-honoring.
So in my search I saw that they recently posted their "Duggar House Guidelines":
- Always use soft words, even when you don’t feel well.
- Always display kind actions, even if you have been mistreated.
- Show joyful attitudes even when no one is looking.
- Have sincere motives with no thought of self-gain.
- Think pure thoughts.
- Always give a good report of others. Never talebear unless physical harm will come to someone. Use Matthew 18.
- Never raise a hand to hit.
- Never raise a foot to kick.
- Never raise an object to throw.
- Never raise a voice to yell.
- Never raise an eye to scowl.
- Use one toy/activity at a time.
- Never let the sun go down on your wrath. (Don’t go to bed angry or guilty)
- Amendment J.O.Y. - Make serving your family a priority.
Put Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last.