Thursday, May 1, 2008

Update on Brian

Well it's almost 12:30 am....yes in the wee hours of the night....what a night....

Brian was sick all day....basically slept on the couch and bed ALL day!!! He had some diarrhea and stomach cramps but felt better than yesterday. I tried to stay on him about what he would eat or drink and the medicine he'd take.....

By dinner were talking about whether the kids and I should head over to church. Since the kids and I weren't sick I thought he could use the hour to get more rest. But it's a GOOD thing he talked me out of it. At 7:50pm or so he's been having really bad stomach cramps and then he came to me in the kitchen but his whole body was tightened, he couldn't even talk to me......

I was thinking stroke, heart attack....so I immediately called 9-1-1 and then he got out for me to call the rescue. While we were waiting for them I called around to see if someone could keep the kids while the rescue squad was here so I could help with paperwork. But my sweet Angie decided that it would be best for me to go.....so I left my three, very scared, crying kids to venture to the hospital with my hubby.

The hospital was very busy so they treated him for the first few hours in the hallway....yep, good 'ole room H(allway). The medication took care of most of the pain and he did get sick once..... but they thought he was just dehydrated.

I feel like a rotten wife....but I felt like i had to come home to rest myself, relieve my sweet neighbor/friend who was with my kids and friends who stayed at the hospital with us and give me a ride home...... THANK YOU!!!

So hopefully I'll get a call soon that he can come home. I really, really hated leaving him there!!! I've jus read too many stories about mistakes happening during the late night hours..... but we leave all our worries and concerns in the hands of the Lord and He will guide us and protect us.

Well since Lydia was up last night with teething?? and I'm just getting home at midnight...I'd better get into bed. Looks like tomorrow is going to be a little busier than planned. We just want our Daddy home soon.....


****** Ok, it's 12:35 and the hospital just called to say he's been released......Praise God!!!****

No comments: