Monday, August 3, 2009

Brings Me Back

In continuation of my learning contentment, Brian remembered a passage he has just read in My Utmost for His Highest, by Oswald Chambers. It has stuck with me and I hope it encourages and challenges you to be faithful in each situation.

"Ultimately God will allow nothing to escape; every detail of our lives is under
scrutiny. God will bring is back in countless ways to the same point over and
over again. And He never tired of bringing us back to that one point until we
learn the lesson, because His purpose is to produce a finished product...
Through this process, God is trying to impress upon us the one thing that is not
entirely right in our lives."

One of the things that I thought I was... was content. I have many life experiences when I have had to adapt to the circumstances or my surroundings. And with some frustrations and change of heart I had adapted and even been thankful for the changes or situation.

But month after month after month of not being pregnant, the discontentment grew. I am thankful that God "never tires" of "bringing me back" where I need to grow and learn to trust Him and to be focused on His simple (yet challenging) will for my life.

1 comment:

Bunch of Barrons said...

SO TRUE...I struggled a lot with contentment when we were trying to get pregnant this last time. Lots of "why's" and crying. With Merrick we didnt really even have to try, but it was much longer with Tirzah. It's hard when things are so totally out of your control...but that's usually where we need to do our growing! :) Praying for you!