Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I want to....

learn my letters!"

Oh, one of the sweetest things I have heard said lately. I LOVE teaching the kids at home, but I want to do it right.... not too fast, not too early and not too slow. But when they ASK to be taught it's easy to know the right time:)

So during our morning schoolwork time, I have been spending a few minutes with Lydia going over a handful of letters.... vowels first and then working through the rest of the alphabet. And everyday while Anna is working on her reading Lydia asks to do her letters:)

MOst days I work with Lydia with just the index cards with the letters written on them and magnetic letters.... very simple. It is also sooo sweet to see Anna working with Lydia on her letters. Anna helps her match the letters to the cards and asks Lydia the name of the letter and what sounds it makes.

Here is a cute, short video I took of Lydia and I working. YOu'll see we still have a LONG way to go:) But she's interested and loves to "do her work"!

3 comments:

Sugar said...

Precious. Yes, I agree... not too fast, not too slow... just right. We love the Leap Frog Movies, too!

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! And she is only 2! But do not get dissapoint when she will loose interest, remember her age!

Bunch of Barrons said...

Very cute! I like your new layout too...pretty!