Sunday, August 23, 2009

I heart faces - Week 33 - Nostalgia

This weeks theme is Nostalgia over at I {heart} faces! At first I was clueless about what to share and then it was there!One of the places we were able to visit while on vacation holds many memories for our family.

*Gran-Grandma used to walk and let her boys play on the canons and in the square.



*Grandaddy, Grandma and Gran-Grandma used to bring their boys(and grandsons) to play on the cannons when they were young.



*Brian and I once visited the park and cannons when we were fist engaged. It was the first time I met my future Gran-Grandma. We snapped a pic of ourselves when we were up there.



*Uncle Scott proposed to Aunt Bea in the same square last year.



And now we got to take OUR kids to play on the cannons, run around the square, picnic on the benches and then take OUR picture on the cannon!!!

Great to be a part of our family "history" and the kids had a blast too:)

***THANK YOU to my Mother-in-law (AKA Grandma) for our wonderful stay and for taking this picture!! You did a great job:) And thanks to Grandaddy for all the fun!!

17 comments:

Taylor said...

Cute shot, looks like fun!

Jenny said...

That's a great picture!

My Two Seasons said...

Great picture! I love visiting places with memories.

tiarastantrums said...

great post with a fab memory!

Unknown said...

Do a lot of towns have cannons? I know there are some just down the street in Lansdale. I keep meaning to take Kaishon there : ). Great memories.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

What a great memory. Love the picture with it.

Carrie said...

You all look so happy! And what great memories that go along with that one cannon! Great job!!

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Great photo. I love having little family traditions like that.

Corey~living and loving said...

gotta love family traditions. :) you have a fun one there.

have a happy week.

Alice said...

great, fun shot! awesome memories for the kids :)

my photo is posted, too. feel free to come on over and visit anytime :O).

K said...

Fun pic! I love your story, and the way the photo ties together so many generations of your family.

Hayley said...

Great picture and some beautiful memories!

Rebekah said...

A very beautiful family you have!

Jodie Mae said...

What great memories! Awesome shot!

tumbleintodreams said...

What a great family story wrapped up in a cute photo!

Patti H said...

great memories and it is so nice you can share them with your own kids now. Love your family photo

Katarina said...

Great family shot. I love taking my kids back to places that meant a lot to me growing up.

http://photography-momentintime.blogspot.com