Sunday, February 17, 2008

Walking Worthy

This verse was displayed on our church bullentins this morning and it really got me thinking:



Walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him,



bearing fruit in every good work and growing in the



knowledge of God. Colossians 1 :10



This verse has its own particular application for me right now. In so many ways I (we) compare how we walk our Christian walk based on what and who we see around us (or on TV...whatever influences us). We determine if we're "strong" or "weak" depending on the choices we make versus what we see or hear about other people. So our standard quickly changes to what others are doing and NOT on what is "fully pleasing to God".



I fall into this MUCH more than I think.....I can get so burdened by something I know is right for me and my family but continually question it because I compare it to what others are doing and what others think. But the decisions I make (should) have a BETTER standard (not that others are wrong or right). The standard has to be what is "fully pleasing to the Lord", "what bears fruit" and what aids me and my family to "grow in the knowledge of God". I need to make our family decisions based on those standards and then be firm and not inwardly questioning. When I aim for God and not for others I can be content in my decision.



The kids "reading" their little Bible together.

Sweet Moments



No comments: