Thursday, February 7, 2008

An Example of Country Living

Well I know my kids will have a little Southern drawl and they are already LOVING boots and farm equipment.....

Anyway, living on a "minor" highway with trucks and farm equipment has been educational for us all. A truck pulled up to rest along the highway in front of our house this afternoon and Anna lead the discussion with Christopher and Lydia ....teaching them all she knows!!!

She says, "Ohhh that truck must be carrying chickens. It's a stinky chicken truck because I smell those stinky chickens all the way in here." And then I hear Christopher pipe up , "Yeah, stinky chickens!!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I love it!" from your country Grandma

Erica said...

yeah, maybe you might compare us to your "big city" but we have lots of chicken farms around here! and i agree with anna, they sure are stinky.

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard that I have tears coming down. That is so funny... I can just picture her going on and on. Christopher is agreeing and probably has a big old stinky in his diapers and is blaming it on the "chickens". Lydia will be so enlightened by her siblings.