Friday, March 25, 2011

YES!! to mud, googles and swimsuits

This afternoon as I prepared lunch the older kids played outside, like they usually do. When they came in for lunch they had a silly request...

Can we put on our bathing suits and play in the mud outside??

Our backyard is notorious for huge mud puddles after a big rain, like the one we had Wednesday night!! And sure enough there were a few puddles dotting the backyard, in the normal spots;)

Brian and I have had an ongoing conversation about trying to say "yes!" more often to the kids when they make requests. So many times we're busy with something else or not wanting to clean up yet another mess and so we quickly respond "no, not now!" or something like that.

So today with the high in the low to mid- 60's, I told the kids "yes!" to their request and I definitely earned some "cool points" with them. Although I have to admit I didn't think they'd stay outside more than a few minutes or really get too messy.

Boy was I wrong...
They had a BLAST:)



I call this one... "the puddle that almost swallowed Lydia"





And between this post and my last one,
you know now that my tub is always full with dirty kids!

And thanks to Grandma and Grandaddy for the rainboots!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL What GREAT fun! I understand - I tend to say "No!" a lot to things that'll require ME to do clean-up, but sometimes letting go makes such wonderful, fun memories. I don't know how many pairs of jeans my youngest has gone through in the past week from jumping in mud puddles! He doesn't miss any! LOL

Jessy

Mel_Roach said...

Wow! Those pics were great! I wish we had a big mud puddle that big in our yard...well, maybe! Take care!

Grammie said...

Too Funny...save the one of Anna to share on her wedding day!!

Anonymous said...

OMG it is still winter up here...I wish for this weather to come soon!!

Drea said...

WHOA!
That is A LOT OF MUD! Thats so funny tho. The purple boot pic I thought anna was emptying the mud out of her shirt at first!

Anonymous said...

Too fun!! Great photos. Dustyn has been loving the puddles too!

grandma said...

We knew those boots would come in handy!