Friday, March 18, 2011

Been Feeling Like This...

just overwhelmed.

Do you see the bush being "choked" by all the weeds growing around and over it??

yes, this bush covered in weeds in is my front garden!!! :deep groan:

I'm not overwhelmed by things that are all necessarily bad or unimportant!!
(like the weeds... LOL!!)

laundry. unmatched socks.

busy schooling days.

ants raiding my kitchen!

But my heart is also burdened for and prayers are with friends suffering, friends facing surgery and another waiting to grieve.

These words from Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts, explain my feelings...
I don't really want more time; I just want enough time. Time to breathe deep and time to see real and time to laugh long, time to give You glory and rest deep and sing joy and just enough time in a day not to feel hounded, pressed, driven or wild to get it all done - yesterday.

This was from chapter 4 of One Thousand Gifts called the "a sanctuary of time". I LOVED this chapter and am spending a couple of days to savor it before I attempt to move on.

I love it because it's about finding the reasons for thankfulness to God in each mundane normal moments of life. And by having a thankful heart we get to enjoy the moment and not try to be soo busy "being busy" or trying to plan the next busy moment.

Just enjoying the time we have by being thankful.

Ann's mundane moment was washing dishes and mine was "unchoking" the front bushes :) Just being thankful for the beautiful day, the time we got to spend outside, sweet friendship of a little neighbor, the kids playing in the yard, Nate's super long nap that let me get outside.

Chris sees me working to untangle the weeds from the bushes and pine straw mulch and he offers to help.

he doesn't help for long :)

But when he is finished, he offers me this

the beauty of weeds. the beauty of the moment.

There is soo much to be thankful for around me that should be causing praise...
not distress!


And sometimes I wonder if it causes distress because I feel like i should be doing more???

I was sooo encouraged about an answer to this question by THIS post called Bloom Where You are Planted from a momma expecting her 7th baby in the next month!! After reading it, I knew I needed to share it, too!

2 comments:

Bunch of Barrons said...

Great post...love this! Cute shot of your little guy, too!

Anonymous said...

Awww. I love this post. So encouraging. Made me tear up. I have been feeling overwhelmed too. Thank you!