Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WFMW - Hubby's Secret to Cooking Bacon:)

This school year I have LOVED, LOVED, LOVED getting out and going to a homeschooling mom's Bible study on evening a MONTH.... it has been sooo awesome for me to be surrounded by these new and veteran homeschoolers... share the struggles and the joys while being sharpened by an encouraging book, the other ladies and the Bible:)

But as Mommy leaves at dinner time, Daddy's in the kitchen:) I did make dinner the 1st or 2nd time... but after the 2nd time of making something for the fam and being tooo nauseous to eat it... I started leaving dinner up to Daddy;)

He gladly accepted the challenge!! And in fact has come up with a new way for us to cook bacon... one of his favorite foods;)

He takes it out of the freezer and throws it into the skillet FROZEN!!! LOL!!!

** I guess I should look at the package and make sure it's not something they forbid!!

Anyway, he watches it and separates it as it cooks.... covering it at times to keep it from "spitting". And it's soo much quicker and cleaner than to defrost it in the fridge for a day or defrost in the microwave (which is my "normal" method)!!

So Kudos to our CHEF Daddy and his one-step, one-pan bacon:) Wonder what else he'd come up with if he had extra KP duty.... LOL!!

Check out more Works For ME Wednesday posts HERE:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do that with our bacon too. So much easier.

Mom2fur said...

Wow, what a smart guy! I never thought to do it that way and plan to give it a try with my next package.

Kara said...

Very smart, I'll have to remember that!

Angela said...

never thought of that. maybe Brain can give Larry some cooking lessons. I have tried cooking it in the over lately. It takes longer, but it is always flat, which is great for a BLT :)