Friday, September 11, 2009

New Comforter, what do you think??

It's been a while since I shared about decorating our bedroom. Since then we did get chocolate brown curtains and decided AGAINST painting... for now. We have liked our new quilt, probably me more than Brian:)


Part of the reason is that months ago after the fuss over the new quilt, lamps and curtains, we saw a comforter set we both immediately liked... so RARE for us... I mean it took over 3 years for us to find the one we bought in February...LOL!!


Anyway, cheapo me was NOT going to pay full price for it... so since March I have been watching.... I mean stalking this set!!! Finally it got down to 60% off and MY store didn't have it... so I waited some more. One Labor Day, JCPenney was offering free shipping.... so we did it!!


Sure I could have saved an extra 15% if I purchased something at Penney's brought the receipt home, did the survey, printed off the coupon, drove back (45 minutes) to Penneys, and then returned to Penneys to pick up the set when it came in. I decided with the amount of gas and time, it would more beneficial to order it and ship it to my house (for free)....




I would love to change the frames and pictures above the lamps... any ideas? And just ignore the clutter in the corner and any dust you see:)

10 comments:

Erica said...

that is *so* funny, parallel friend, because after 9 years of marriage we just found a set that we agreed on and splurged and purchased it too!!! ours was from Ikea.

Drea said...

Love it!
I want a new one now haha.
Id so paint ur room :)
I think it finish things off soooo nicely!

As far as the frames... have you thought about frame-less pictures? like some fun canvas'?? hmmmmmm I duno. I do think the current ones clash now when the comforter, but i think u could put those some place else in the house :)
Love the comforter

grandma said...

I LOVE the comforter.

Grammie said...

I do like it!!!! Maybe just change the matting on the pictures and since they are small, group them...if you decide to keep them in the room. The main thing is that you both like it...that's amazing.

Bunch of Barrons said...

Pretty! I like it!

Meg said...

I like the blue! Very relaxing! I am not very talented in the interior decorating category. You will have to let us know what you come up with in place of the pictures.

junglemama said...

Very beautiful! I am on the look out for a new comforter too!

Dorian said...

You can change the mats on the pictures or you could get darker brown frames for a nice coordinating contrast. Very nice decor!

aunt jaclyn said...

sooo pretty i love it, still think brian should grow back that beard though hehe

Angela said...

So pretty! I agree that you should paint your room. It just makes it a more relaxing place. A romatic retreat for you and Brain. :)

I have one of the swatch panels that has all of Sherwin Willams colors. Let me know if you want to use it to pick your colors. :)

Angela