Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Just a Few Pictures of Our Home Pre-School :)

I'm not sure how many people actually knew HOW MUCH I struggled with whether or not to send Anna to preschool last August. It was a very tough decision! I firmly believe that we need to make our own decisions for our families....so I totally understand both sides, which is why I struggled soo much!!

But we decided that the best thing for us (for many reasons) was to keep them home and hopefully home for a while as we enter into homeschooling in the upcoming years. So here are some of our activities in our day today:

Bible time and writing in our PJs:

Training little ones to help with chores:












Playing with "beans" learning hand-eye coordination for Christopher and addition for Anna- pouring smaller cups into the larger one (2 + 6 = 8) :















I've been so very thankful for this year of home pre-school. I know we made the right decision for our troops. I couldn't imagine Christopher during the morning without his most favorite pal, Anna!! I've also enjoyed seeing the kids excited about learning their letters.....using flash cards the kids will compete to see who recognizes the letter first!!! (Christopher usually says the phonetic sound and Anna will say the name of the letter.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Kelly! The practical lesson of chores is one that will greatly benefit them (and you) in years to come and will most likely stick with them longer because they could see the purpose and benefits of it immediately. I know you'll be blessed for your obedience and commitment to raising godly children.

Love you!