Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"Freedom" ?

I was having a conversation with a friend about having more children. And I confessed that I'm very comfortable right now with my three "enjoying my freedom." She giggled loudly and said, "You're freedom???"

Now...I love my kids and I do hope to have more. But I feel like I have sooo much more freedom NOW than I did a year ago when I had a 2-yr old, a 14-month old and a newborn. I can actually go to a restaurant walk in with my family versus nursing in the car. Or I don't have to worry that Lydia is too cold outside while we're out playing. I can be away from my kids for hours on end, if I have to.... which I rarely do... but it's possible. And I sleep through the night, most nights!!!

Here is a picture from this afternoon enjoying our lunch "picnic style". We did not picnic MUCH last year and now this year we're almost PROs!! So I'll enjoy my "freedom" for now and then be ready and rested for any more little babies when the time comes for us.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I find myself feeling very content with my 2 right now too. It's nice to get in a groove and feel like you finally have things under control!