Friday, March 16, 2012

The Home Coming

I already shared a bit about us finally finding our curious little kitty. After not seeing her for at least 2 or 3 days we figured she had run off and found another family... at least we were hoping it was another loving family and not some danger!!

So you can imagine our surprise Thursday morning, hearing her "meow" as we called her name. Us looking around us to realize that she was in the ceiling of the carport!!!! Yes the ceiling!!

Thankfully when we got into the storage shed that has the opening into the ceiling, we saw her waiting for us;)
IMG_0190

Little Lydia just kept looking around in the storage shed saying, "I just don't know how she got up there!"

Neither did I, but somehow our now adventurous, curious, wandering kitty DID.

Just after 8:00 am I am outside pulling out a ladder to "rescue" the kitty, who might have been up there for 2 or 3 days now. After some quick reunion snuggles with Lydia, Coller immediately went to eat and drink... poor thing!!

IMG_0193

Even Daisy was glad to see her sister;)
IMG_0196

The strangest thing was that Lydia had been saying that she heard Coller's cries. I would listen and not hear anything! I really did begin to think it was some wishful thinking on Lydia's part. You can imagine my own surprise when I heard her so clearly and so near us;)

IMG_0199

A very sweet home coming;)

Speaking of homes.... I'd had a couple ask about our home....

This is what it looked like last Thursday... and again this Thursday...
IMG_0017

IMG_0018

I'm in a season of learning patience... once more!!

I thought this verse I read for my class this week said it well!!
 This vision is for a future time.
      It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled.
   If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently,
      for it will surely take place.

      It will not be delayed.
Habbakuk 2:3

I need to learn more patience and to be content in the waiting...

or learn to lay a foundation myself!! LOL!!

3 comments:

Drea said...

at least theres portajons up? haha.. waiting is hard...

Anonymous said...

That is so great about the kitty. I bet it is hard to wait. I am excited to see it when it is done.

Jenny said...

LOL about learning to put up a foundation yourself! I would be just like you. Patience is not my strongest quality.

I'm glad you found the kitty!