Friday, October 2, 2009

Simple Country Entertainment

When we moved to our small little town - with a population smaller than my graduating high school class- it was tough! It definitely took some time to get used to... the quiet neighborhood and the distance from stores.

Now that the kids are older and active, I am soo thankful for this area. Sure, we still have drive for a lot, but there is a lot we get to enjoy because of our small,friendly, farming community. Yesterday was one of those days where we enjoyed the simple, local "attractions"...

Country Air Show (aka - planes spraying cotton)












Tractor Riding (aka - lawnmower riding)
In the summer lawn mowers become the 2nd form of transportation around town. We had one brave church member yesterday... brave because he not only let Chris ride with him, but also let him drive it!!!




I love the fact that my kids enjoy simple things... they shout when they see a cat wandering by or a squirrel eating pecans on the swing set. And I know that over %50 of their time outside is spent riding bikes.... probably less for Christopher, since he spends a lot of time digging in dirt... today he is "working" in my garden...

cool!!! He just pulled out a gigantic weed... hopefully NOT the root system to my tomato plants:)

We are Hooked on Simple Past times in our quiet town:) Check out some fun Hooked On Fridays!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know Christopher's gift wish for xmas! Don't you, too, Kelly? LOL
He probably will tell you he wants a "real" mower. :-)

In Everything said...

That works well... I think Daddy wants one to ride around, too:)

Anonymous said...

Men and their toys!! My hubby had a huge backhoe and he would put our boys in the bucket and ride them around on our acreage when they were little. We also used it for hang pinatas form the big boom- hubby kept thinking of all kinds of uses for it so he could justify keeping his big toy around!!

blessings
mary

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great life! I think it's awesome when kids can grow up in that environment. The simple things are the best. Have a great weekend....
pk @ room remix