Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday Sentences - Teach your babies




Last night Lydia carried around Anna's baby all night:) As we were cleaning up for bed, she picks up a pocket Bible. She put the Bible and the baby on the bed and told me, "I goin' to read this and tell me baby about baby Jesus. 'dis Bible has Jesus in it."

Awe... my sweet angel trying to teach her baby:) I was soo touched!

Then Chris jumps into the conversation. "Oh, your baby will be too scared. That Bible had Goliath it in, too!"

LOL... my all-boy boy!! He loves the giant Goliath... and he's sensitive to scary things, at least enough to warn Lydia:)

Reminded me of these verses:
Deuteronomy 11:18-21 (New Living Translation)

“So commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these words of mine. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. Teach them to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, so that as long as the sky remains above the earth, you and your children may flourish in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors.


Dear Lord, help me follow Your (and Lydia's) example to teach the kids at all times of the day about You. They are listening and their little hearts are ready.

2 comments:

Meg said...

That is so sweet! She is such a great little mommy in training! I know that must make you feel so proud as her momma.

Jenny said...

Your children are so sweet! Lydia is a perfect little mommy!