Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WFMW : Fruit Fly Trap

My friend Shannon posted a Pinterest inspired fruit fly trap that they had used to help their fruit fly problem!

guess who also has a fruit fly problem???

we do!!

So this afternoon we made our own Fruit Fly Trap to catch the few that we're driving us crazy:)

IMG_9515

Mine wasn't pretty....
  • scrap piece of construction paper ... made into a cone with a tiny whole at the end
  • nasty, overripe banana that had been hiding in the fridge escaping from the fruit flies
  • good 'ole, reliable duct tape;)
but it worked:)

IMG_9518

And the kids are soo excited about their new "pets" ... LOL!!

Check out more Works for Me Wednesday !

4 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL about the new pets!

A Busy Mom of Two said...

Too funny! I posted about a gnat trap this week too! Mine used an empty 2 L.

Amber @ Defrump Me said...

Oh my word! I love you! Thank you for doing this! I have had fruit flies for over a week, and they're driving me crazy.
-amber @defrumpme.com

Shannon said...

So glad that you tried it!! It worked so well for us! Although, disgusting it works!!! It's so funny that your kids refer to them as pets b/c Nacho said we have 2 pets now the fish and our fruit flies....my response, um, no honey fruit flies are not pets!!