Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wordless Wednesday: Momma's Favorite Doll

While cleaning out the girls' closet, I found my favorite doll! It was the one gift (besides my TI-82 in high school) that I remember asking for and having to wait through a few seasons before getting - since they were in demand and pretty pricey for my family. It has lasted the test of time and been brought into my own home.

Honestly though, my girls don't play with my Cabbage Patch they have their own favorites... but it's the ONE toy I have kept from childhood and it was sweet to see Lydia snuggle into bed with my doll:)


It only took me a second though to realize who the REAL doll was:) LOL!! I just love her big brown eyes and those pudgy cheeks that are slowly leaving :(


More Wordless Wednesday at
Wordless Wednesday, 5 Minutes for Mom and Go Graham Go!!!

3 comments:

Bunch of Barrons said...

Too cute! I had a favorite doll when I was little...my mom is actually giving it to Tirzah for Christmas. :) And I will be SO sad when Tirzah loses her chubby baby cheeks too! :) Your little one is adorable! :)

SquirrelQueen said...

What an adorable photo with two dolls! The Cabbage Patch dolls were expensive but looks like they were very well made. The real doll is a cutie.
Merry Christmas
The Road to Here

Anonymous said...

Your doll, the live one, is GORGEOUS and your childhood doll is precious as well. So nice that you still have your doll! I still have my bear, Jake, that was given to me when I was born. I should blog about Jake someday.

mindy