Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Tree: Before and After

The Before.....
I am NOT a good decorator! But every year I attempt to decorate our tree with some ribbons, bows and collection of familial ornaments!! This year the kids wanted to add some candy canes into the mixture so I agreed.... it's Definitely NOT going to be featured on the cover of any "home decor" magazines!!! LOL!!

But it's our little tree and the kids love watching the lights and seeing their little 1st Christmas ornaments:) And that's what matters, at least to me!!!

I love seeing other's trees and so I tried to take a picture of our "little tree"... but it's homliness was a little too much for me....

So I tinkered with Andrea's camera.... changed some settings.... made sure the flash was off... tried to move so I could get the "whole" tree into the viewing area:) So this was what I got.... (no editting, I promise!)

The After....

I LOVED this picture! I like the lights on the walls, the lights shining through the tree limbs and ornaments! The "glow" that the tree puts off:)

But maybe it's just me (and my decorating skills)... it seems to me like my tree looks better in the dim lights:)

Off to work on those Christmas cards.... :)


Photobucket Funny my little Christmas tree post fit into this week's theme:) See more Christmas Themed "you capture" by clicking on the button:)

5 comments:

Bunch of Barrons said...

GREAT shot! :) It's really gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Your tree is very beautiful! I love it : ) You did a good job manipulating your camera! Brilliant!

Colleen said...

Wow... your tree just glows. Great shot!

Aura said...

I got a real tiny tree from Home Depot this year, only 5 ft....It did not require many ornaments and 2 strands of light were fine. Baby's first christmas ornaments are so special. I love the tradition of getting each child an ornament for Christmas. By the way Kelly congratulations on the new baby on the way.

Jessica D. said...

Don't worry! Everyones tree looks better with the light on! It's perfect!