Friday, June 24, 2011

My 1st Time Overnight Alone

I have a great opportunity to visit with my brother, his fiance and my little nephew this weekend. It's great because

#1 - I can go :)
IMG_6488

#2 - My husband has PLENTY of help with Grandma and Granddaddy visiting

#3 - My mom and I get to share the 7 hours of driving ONE WAY

#4 - My father-in-law is preaching for Brian on Sunday:)

#5 - Did I mention that I get to see my little nephew??

IMG_6495

While I am very excited about my little "adventure"...

I am nervous. My family is MORE than capable to care for the kids!! And my kids feel very safe in their care. I feel like they can hold down the fort:)

But I've never left them overnight before.... EVER!!
(only remotely close case was when Brian took just Anna down to his parents in January!)

For 7 years and 26 days I have ALWAYS had most of my children in a room next to me!!

I think I'm going to be ok... hopefully!

But I'm seriously going to miss them... and am super glad I'll be home on Sunday afternoon.

Driving-chat time with my mom... time to get to know my brother's new family more.... all perfectly timed when my family is being cared for... seeing my little nephew and maybe just crying over how beautiful he is
IMG_6498

PRICELESS!!!


SOOC Saturday

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. Have fun!

Susie B. Homemaker said...

Your nephew is absolutely adorable! I've never been away from my kids either... except when I delivered my 2nd & 3rd baby. lol But having a new baby to distract you (in your case your nephew) does help. ;p Have a great trip and enjoy the one night alone!

Jenny said...

He is gorgeous! You will have a great time and you will love being able to talk uninterrupted for a full 7 hours! LOL!

Have fun!

Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said...

Priceless is right. He is adorable!