Thursday, June 9, 2011

You Capture: Flowers (at a Hospital)

Being a pastor, there are times when Brian travels to visit... in hospitals, families homes, funeral homes and rehab centers. And while he usually gets a lot of visiting done during normal "working" hours, there are many times visits are needed at other times.

I knew that about being a pastor's wife from my college pastor's wife who spoke opening and honestly about sharing her pastor husband. And how thankful she was that he could minister to people.

I too am thankful for my husband's willingness to visit and serve. And we enjoy the times that we can travel together as a family to the locations or homes he needs to go. Sometimes it means taking the kids into a home and sometimes it means sitting in the car outside a hospital.

Last week after reading Beth's You Capture for this week, we went with Brian as he visited a sweet church member in the hospital. As I let him off at the front door he asked,"What are you going to do while I'm in there?"
Photobucket

I looked around and said,"Take pictures of flowers."

I"m sure I looked CRAZY out in the mid-afternoon HEAT
with 4 kids hanging around me taking pictures of flowers
with my little Canon point-n-shoot... LOL!!

(by the way... I love the macro setting on my point-n-shoot.
Can't quite figure it out on my DSLR)


But that's what we did!



We also explored a little bit, made a potty stop inside the hospital (of course, a necessity with 4 kids!!)

And I couldn't help but think about these verses...
Look at the lilies and how they grow.
They don’t work or make their clothing,
yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.
And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today
and thrown into the fire tomorrow,
he will certainly care for you.
Why do you have so little faith?"
Luke 12:27,28
I'm thankful my husband's willingness to serve and visit and minister to our sweet church family! And very thankful for my small contribution of sitting with the kids, often praying for his visit and this time getting to enjoy the beautiful the flowers and the reminder of God's care over all His creation (yes, even us) !

10 comments:

Jen said...

GOrgeous flowers, I especially like the first one!

Unknown said...

What a great way to pass the time while he was there! Love that first shot! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos! I love the first two.

Tara said...

Beautiful photos!

Karrie said...

Pretty good point and shoot you have there!! Love the macro shot!

Angela said...

Those are all beautiful pictures. I love the one with the bee on the side.

It's wonderful that you can be such a support for Brian and his ministry. Plus, your children are learning from both of you....even better :)

Drea said...

For macro shots on your SLR, you have to actually buy a macro lens :) OR you could do what I do and buy a macro FILTER. Its like $20 and screws right onto your 50mm. I use it for all my ring shots at weddings, works like a charm!! And a lot more affordable than the macro lenses.

:)

Tiffany said...

Beautiful post...and of course a bathroom break was needed. LOL. Love the gator post, that first picture is priceless!

Tiffany

Jenny said...

Great pics. I think it's great that you bring the kids along. They are learning so much about compassion by seeing what their Dad is doing.

Light Trigger said...

simple and lovely flowers! the first one is fantastic!

via You Capture
Light Trigger: OUR ENTRY