Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tiny Talk Tuesday - Your Highness and the Piranha




Probably from the influence of studying the Middle Ages and the Royal Wedding a couple of weeks ago now,

Chris has started to respond to some of my requests of him," Yes, Your Highness!!"

Kind of like it.

I asked him why. And he told me,"It's because you're a girl."

Drats... I was hoping he called me the queen or a princess... nope, I'm just a girl;)

*****************************************************************
Chris read Are You My Mother? for reading last week (I helped him sound out and read a couple of pages, too). Anyway, we got to the part where the baby bird walks right past his mother and I asked Chris why the baby bird didn't recognize her.

He intelligently answered," Mom, he didn't know what she looked like. He was in the egg and you can't see out of an egg."

Of course.

*****************************************************************
After feeding Nate, I asked him to stay "night-night" to everyone. He turned and looked at them and then headed for his crib. When I got back into his room, he was standing on a stool trying to get into his crib...

silly, little guy!! Obviously he understand what "night-night" means!!

*****************************************************************
And I thought this was soo funny... a real "view" into our house;)

Nate loves his toothbrush and it has been missing for almost a week. To "replace" his toothbrush until we found it or purchased a new one, I had started to use a washcloth just to go over his teeth.

Well, he hates it!! He can't stand for someone's fingers to be in his mouth! And so as I quickly attempt to wipe his teeth front and back, top and bottom... he tries to bite my fingers!!!

I sent Brian in to clean his teeth last night (and I forgot to warn him... LOL!!)

No joke, seconds later I hear Daddy yelp in pain.... I have to admit a giggled a little;)

Then Brian comes out with a smirk and says," The little piranha almost bit off my finger!"

LOL!!!! We found the toothbrush though... in a diaper bag pocket!! Let's just say we are all hoping to keep better track of the toothbrush:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Hilarious! That last one is so funny!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

LOVE the "Are you my mother" logic. Good stuff :)

Happy TTT!

Bunch of Barrons said...

Hahaha...love it. :)

Anonymous said...

Those are some funnies! I love the teeth story!

Shannon said...

That's funny!!!