Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tiny Talk Tuesday: Mother Questions

With Mother's Day coming this weekend, I've become eve more reflective of what "mothering" really is and looks like and how I need to change. I have a couple of things to share... but they are still being worked through:)



So I asked the kiddos some "mother " questions this week and these were their answers:

What does a mother do?
Lydia (4 yrs) : A mommy needs to nurse the baby.
Chris (5 yrs): A Mommy cooks dinner really well.
Anna (6 yrs): Mommies have to fold the clothes.

What is the best part of being a mom?
Lydia : Cooking lunch (yes that was the meal we had just finished eating!)
Chris:
Go somewhere fun with her kids.
Anna : They can wear high heels. (then she adds) And love her kids?

What is the worst part of being a mom? :(
Lydia: Yelling at her kids. (I'm working on it... really... because it breaks my heart when I raise my voice out of reaction or anger.)

Chris: Giving spanks. (** thank goodness this is happening less, and only for serious issues)
And I'm glad both Lydia and Chris answered with things that I really don't enjoy about parenting.

Anna: Folding the clothes.

What is the most important thing a mom needs to teach her kids?
Lydia: To learn about Jesus.
Chris: School work.
Anna: To be nice and have good manners.

8 comments:

kewkew said...

Such sweet answers. I have to agree with Anna's answer of folding the clothes. lol
I agree with your comments about the spanking and yelling though. I am trying so hard not to raise my voice
May I borrow your questions to use with my precious girls for this week's Words of Wisdom Wednesday? I would love for you to come and link this post up tomorrow.
Blessings

Erin said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

How cute! They know what's important, don't they? Love and lunch!

Bea said...

I love those answers!!!

Tracey M. said...

I love that you did this, asking your kids these questions. I know what you mean about the yelling; it seems I resort to that to try and control my son. I am convicted too how harsh it is and the need for gentle firmness instead. Great sharing.

Wonder said...

hi! just stopping by from tiny talk tues. :). love this. my husband has recently transitioned from youth to family care Pastor. Blessings to you!

Nicole said...

Praises to the Lord for such an honest and gracious look at what a mommy does. Have a blessed day!

kewkew said...

Thanks for letting me use your questions. And thanks for linking up to Words of Wisdom Wednesday.
Blessings