I've written often about the tasks of motherhood to be constant and "draining"...
more importantly how I need to refocus and see them as sweet opportunities to care and serve my family.... like God calls mothers to do.
I've enjoyed this challenge.
It seems like when choas strikes, I can breathe and not get frustrated how everything isn't "perfect"...
But make teachable moments, teachable.
Make sad moments, moments to comfort.
Make silly moments, moments to laugh.
Make disobedient moments, moments to correct.
Make cleaning moments, productive!! LOL!!
And learning moments, time spent together, fun!
I heard a GREAT song on the radio last week. I really wanted to share it. It's from Steven Curtis Chapman and is based on the verse
Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do,
do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
It's from an album that hasn't been released yet, but you can hear this great song via Facebook after you "like" that page. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/stevencurtischapman?sk=app_178091127385
It's just a great reminder that all the little tasks that seem mundane and sometimes are irritating are opportunity to serve and glorify God... WOW!!
So my gratitude list today are things that are mundane, but that I can glorify God in doing
177. piles of laundry
178. dirty dishes
179. a meal to prepare
180. dust to be dusted (how in the world does it find time to settle in our most used room??)
181. a floor to vacuum
182. Cheerios to sweep up:)
183. sticky kitchen floor
184. hum of the dishwasher
185. fingerprints on glass doors
186. slobbery kisses on mirrors
187. outside debris in the bathtub
188. unrolled toilet paper
189. baby toys scattered across the living room floor
190. bows, arrows, foam bullets and Nerf guns
191. hair ties, headbands, bracelets and baby doll clothes
192. books left open on the couch
193. projects left half done
194. schoolroom cluttered up with learning (and extra furniture!!)
195. memorizing verses
196. practicing math facts
197. teaching a short attention-pan child to read
198. reminder of a sweet friend that becoming a better mother is tied to the bigger goal of becoming a better child of God!!!