Saturday, May 21, 2011

Finished the Race

I have fought the good fight,
I have finished the race,
I have kept the faith.
2 Timothy 4:7





And it feels...
AWESOME!!




These were taken at our Field Day and End-of-the-Year Party with our homeschooling group!! I have to admit that I have often questioned whether it was beneficial for us to be a part of a group that is so FAR from us???

Since January, I have tried to be more active, attending more field trips, group outings, meet-ups at parks, with this group! And I am soo happy to see that friendships have begun to blossom :) Such a sweet sight especially for my oldest!!

Field day was a great opportunity for my kids to mingle and work with other kids that they didn't previously know. And to listen and follow directions from other adults!! It was a great time.... soo much so that we all came home exhausted;)

And I hope to share soon what our summer "school" schedule/goals looks like;)

SOOC Saturday


** I realize I have taken the verse "out of context". But I feel like homeschooling is part of us living out our calling and to be finished with another year is awesome!! We have persevered to the end and been faithful in our studies through another year! Just another of God's sweet blessings:)

8 comments:

Lana said...

What great pics, and I love the verse that you used to go along with them. Summer is near. Yeah!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

You know, this is the second time I have seen that same verse taken, as you say, out of context. The words are beautiful, and I don't think anyone will find fault with you as you are not manipulating the words in a way to serve your own goals.

Both times they have moved me and made me go back into 2 Timothy, and I think that's a good, good thing.

Love your pics, especially the chubby baby legs in the onsie!

Blessings!

Bunch of Barrons said...

Congrats on finishing!

Serendipity is Sweet said...

What wonderful photos. That looks like so much fun. I bet your kids will cherish those memories for some time.

Unfortunately we haven't found a group like that around here that we really click with. We're still trying new things to find where we best fit in. What a blessing to have such friends ;)

anne said...

A great funn filled day with family and friends. Mine is here please check, thanks Points of View and Thoughts

Jenny said...

Great pics! All of the kids look like they had a blast! I've got to find a homeschool group for us to join!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun. Great photos.

Meg said...

I remember field days growing up...so much fun! Looks like everyone had a great time! Wonderful pictures for some great memories later!