Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Butterfly Help:)

Since we are eagerly waiting for our caterpillars to emerge as butterflies at the end of the week, we decided to talk about butterflies as our Science this week:)

As we ventured into the yard this morning we found more butterflies in our garden.....

Here is an Eastern Black Swallowtail!!!


Anyway, as I tried to snap a picture of our winged vistor... it got me thinking of asking you all about the butterflies that you have spotted, taken pictures of or even blogged about:) Then as we see what you have found, we'll look up that type of butterfly and enhance or butterfly knowledge this week:)


So, here we go:) Share the names of the butterflies that you have spotted (as a comment), or pictures (fullovnrg (at) hotmail (dot) com) or blogs (using the McLinky)!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You won't believe it but some weeks ago a butterfly came to my balcony and it even flew into my living-room, of course I directly helped it out again. And I thought what a pity that I do not have the cam to take a picture of it and blog it. So I cannot really help you. I am sorry!

Meg said...

I don't have any pictures, but we have a lot of monarch butterflies around here. They are very friendly and flutter right up to us!

Anonymous said...

In addition to the link I have added..by clicking on the photo a new window is open and shows it larger. I found the photo in the photo gallery (left side) there are tons of photos. Hope you will have some fun with them.

Mark and Rachel said...

Not sure I can help but I LOVE you butterfly photo!