Thursday, September 24, 2009

Skipping Through My Pics

The other day when I got my "sweet" picture of the Eastern Black Swallowtail, there was also a little Skipper... from what I know... those are a smaller type of butterfly or moth. I think they are funny, because they NEVER stay in one spot, they just "skip" from one blossom to the next.

Although the skipper was brown and not very pretty, I did try to be fair and take a picture. But I didn't think I got anything....


Until today, Anna and I were finishing some paperwork from a little project she did and I took pictures of. We were flipping through the pictures so she could recall what we did at each step:) Anyway, we came across one of my Skipper picture attempts....

We were soo excited!! And I decided to post it so further declare my "nature nerdom"... LOL
ANd I just tried to look him to see what his name is:) Anyway, he might be a butterfly... a Painted Lady???? That would be funny b/c the chyrsalisis we have will be Painted Ladys in a couple of days:)

I am just amazed at the details that the camera caught... he really looks like he's looking at us:) And amazed at the details that God gave this little bug!!! His creation just continues to amaze me:)

2 comments:

Kayris said...

What a gorgeous picture! We get monarchs in our yard frequently, but they rarely sit still long enough to take a photo.

Bunch of Barrons said...

That is really pretty. LOVE the colors in the picture. :)