Little Nate is keeping us busy;)The Stats
- Weight 23.5 lbs
- Sizes 18 and 24 months
- 2 naps:) Sleeps soundly and consistently through the night;)
- 3 meals and 2 snacks!
- Cutting 4 teeth right now... all his canine teeth!
- Begs for broccoli and green beans;)
- LOVES fruit... will only eat fruit sometimes
- Starting to recognize foods/boxes and makes his requests KNOWN
- Hasn't had hard candies, but at church he begs and begs for them
- Points to his hands, hair and feet when asked
- Dancing to VBS songs
- Climbing onto the girls dresser to get their Zhu-Zhu pets;)
- Pulls stools and toys to stand on
- Starting to hand us stuff when we ask:) or getting DOWN off stuff when we ask;)
- Points to cupboards or tries to pull open the fridge for snacks!
- KNOWS what he wants... and grunts until he gets it
- Wandering and LOUD at church.... working on this;)
- Still hates brushing his teeth
- Playing ON the kitchen table
This is such a fun (with some challenges) stage!! He's just soo curious, but can now usually point or lead us to what he wants. He tries to keep up with his siblings so he can usually be found with one of them... although he still wanders off!!
It's great that he's already learning how to be a little independent by showing us what he wants, but he still enjoys some snuggling when he first wakes up!!
As I respond and spend time with Nate each day, I am reminded how important it is to start "training"!! While he's opinionated.... on things around that he is NOT to touch, I can see his little mind making decisions about whether to obey or not!! Sometimes he'll give a fuss or proceed to touch it anyway... yikes... other times he backs down! But I noticed that when I quickly correct him I usually don't have to go it again.
It shows me the importance of staying on top of training and disciplining Nate now while it's "easier" and he's learning what is right and wrong!!
And we all know training is a LONG season.... LOL!! I type that as one of my older ones is doing their own "fussing".... totally not cute when they are older :( Yep, definitely making it a priority NOW!!