Sunday, August 21, 2011

Our Homeschool Schedule with 4

It's schedule week.... I LIKE having a schedule, but I'm just not the type of person that really is the "schedule" type!!

I like schedules because they can give our day order and routine (if that is possible)! And I really think we work best when we all know what is next and what we have left.


But I rarely completely FOLLOW a schedule!! I mean, I try:) But there is always something that comes up... a phone call that needs to be taken, a grocery/library run that needs to happen, sickness, extra tasks... etc!

I love this chart... the Super Mom vs the Abiding Mom! And the different views on schedules is beautiful!!

The Super mom is controlled by an agenda [curriculum, schedule, etc].
The Abiding Mom is controlled by the Holy Spirit [Uses the curriculum & schedules as tools for orderliness so she is more free to follow the Spirit]

So this is the schedule that will help us maintain orderliness and give us the freedom to spend lots of time together learning;) And hopefully get some work completed;) LOL!!

I have purposefully left out numerous "times"... I'm a task-oriented person! So I have some target times... like starting school before 9am and eating lunch around 12:30... those are flexible goals to help us maintain order... LOL!! :)

Our Homeschooling Schedule 2011

A couple of notes;) History and Science are alternating... we usually won't do both! And I'm also trying to find a place to sneak in some Art and Music;) Just a few minutes for each:!

By the way, I'm posting this because I'm hoping it will work;) We haven't started our school year yet so it hasn't been "tested out"! And I already see where I left out Anna's Grammer time :( But I really think it's going to be a good "fit" for us! If not... we'll tweak it;)

The kids have already seen it and really LOVE that they each get a little time with Nate;) And honestly... I like that they WANT to spend time with him! He's going to be super smart if they "teach" him while they play with him:) Very precious;)

I made several copies of the schedule. I am giving one copy to each of the kids with their column highlighted and placed it out the outside of their language binder! I have one displayed in the schoolroom and one in the kitchen:)

It's amazing how much more prepared I feel for starting school while having our schedule in front of us;) It's just NOT like our very laid back summer days.... so we might have to do a practice day on Monday... kind of good to ease back into school and because Anna's stuff is still in the mail :/

I'm looking forward to all the other ways people organize their days at Heart of the Matter!!


Sam said...

We are also task oriented. Your children are adorable!

Heather said...

Looks good, and very similar to our schedule. ;) I stopped putting a time down for each subject a long time ago. You'll do great, keep being led by the Spirit.

Amanda said...

This is great! I like the super vs abiding - that can be true of non-moms as well!

Jenny said...

That looks like a good plan!

Jessica S. @ MOA said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing. Visiting from the blog hop! Happy HOMEschooling!

Angie W. said...

Looks like a fun day. I love the Mom moved by the Spirit and not controlled by the schedule. I like to write out a super detailed schedule just so I have it set in my mind, and then give the day over to the Lord. Having a sheet like this keeps me focused and on track, but not a slave. Great post!

Theresa said...

Looks like a great schedule!

Best wishes for a great year!

Melissa from the Blue House said...

I envy the homeschool life. As a single mom I just can't, but love the idea of it. I"m afraid I'm not very task oriented tho and my kids would suffer for sure!

Susan said...

Hello there Kelly,
I found your blog when I searched for Umbilical Granuloma from google.
I can't find how to contact you by email. If you do not mind, I need to ask about umbilical granuloma Nate had. my email address is yuanitas(at)gmail(dot)com. If you do not mind, I need your story about the umbilical granuloma. thanks

Lisa said...

Great post! Your children are adorable! Have a great week.

Suanna said...

I like to make a similar schedule with goal times. Then the first day or two I try to stick to it, after that I've gotten a feel for how thing should flow and we use it more as a routine without trying to stay true to the times on it.

Dawne Shelton said...

Thanks for sharing your schedule :)

Vicky said...

I adore the grade pictures on your page, especially of your little guy! Too cute! You have a beautiful family. God Bless!

I am a new follower from the Friday Blog Hop. If you can return the favor, stop by and say hi!