Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Wings

I haven't shared much about my many resolutions for this New Year... right now I'm just trying to be a good Mom and keep up :/

One of my goals though through the year is to try out some new recipes:) I feel like we've been in such a food rut, just eating what the kids like and that is easy to fix, and I'm ready to make a change. Put more effort into meals  and to mix up our meals a bit.

So on top of everything else we have going on, I'm going to try to cook, bake, or create a new recipe each week or maybe more and just share one each week!

We had chicken wings on sale last week and I thought I'd try a Buffalo Chicken Wing recipe that I thought Brian would like. Something I know he would like to eat while we're out but couldn't because of his food allergies (milk, and sensitivity to garlic).


Restaurant Style Buffalo Chicken Wings
recipe from allrecipes.com and adapted to fit us;)

IMG_8812Ingredients

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon paprika*
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper*
(I didn't have the paprika or c.pepper, so I used 1/4+ of chili powder)
1/4 teaspoon salt
10 chicken wings
oil for deep frying
1/4 cup butter (light Blue Bonnet)
1/4 cup hot sauce
1 dash ground black pepper
1 dash garlic powder (I left this out)

Directions

1. In a small bowl mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Place chicken wings in a large nonporous glass dish or bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.
IMG_8794

2. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep. Combine the butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat and reserve for serving.
IMG_8797

3. Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of wings begin to turn brown. Remove from heat, place wings in serving bowl, add hot sauce mixture and stir together. Serve.
IMG_8806

IMG_8812I was a little worried how leftovers would taste, but I didn't need to worry!! Brian ate all that I made for him:)

And he is wanting to invite over friends for a party so I will make some more;)

Just an FYI... these are obviously are a treat for us:) And the kids were not impressed... LOL!! They would barely smell them!

* I didn't have the paprika or c.pepper, so I used 1/4+ of chili powder.

Linking up to...

Tuesdays at the Table @ All the Small Stuff

Tasty Tuesday @ Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Blessed with Grace
Tasty Tuesday @ 33 Shades of Green


Pin It

5 comments:

lovejoy_31 said...

try using shredded chicken and mix it with all of the other ingredients and mix w/ cream cheese (non-dairy) and homemade ranch (once again non-dairy) and bake as a dip. Did it last night and am going to eat the leftovers on a hamburger bun tonight. Just a suggestions for something wiht a similar taste that the kids might actually try. My 2yo DD tried a little piece. That's really all I ask her to do at this poing.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kelly, I have got the same resolution, cook and bake more and especially new recipes. And I also want to post them :-) I have already tried 3 new recipes, but only posted one till now the other two will follow this week. Take a look at my blog if you like.

Aliesha Caldwell | Feathers in Our Nest said...

These look so yummy!

Bunch of Barrons said...

Those look great!

Ika Devita Susanti said...

Wow. It looks delicious and easy. I think I can cook this one. Let me write it down first. Thank you for sharing.

Lovejoy suggestion's also a good idea.

Certainly will try to cook this one!