Friday, April 29, 2011

The Balloons Made me Cry

You won't believe what we are celebrating this weekend????

Can you believe it???? Nate is turning 1!!!

I've been mentally busy planning our weekend and preparing a little get-to-together for his birthday...I stress little because I really don't want to be overwhelmed... I just want to enjoy this sweet 1st birthday moment!!

But in all the thinking/planning/rethinking and preparing, it really hadn't dawned on my emotionally that...

NATE is turning 1!!!! When did my whole year of a snuggly baby go???

Picking up some balloons, it finally hit me. I looked up at the balloons and I thought to myself,"These are for Nate!! He's 1!!"


The emotion overwhelmed me as I'm pushing 9 balloons into my minivan, I had tears welling up (and then again when I asked Brian to take my pic!).

Maybe it's because he's my baby... not for much longer.
Maybe it's because he's probably our last baby... maybe :)
Maybe it's because he was a sweet answer to much, much tearful prayer.

Who knows?

I just know I am blessed to have such sweet kids and we are really looking forward to simply celebrating Nate's 1st year!




SOOC Saturday

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, 1 already! I remember when he was born. I hope he has a great birthday party!

Susie B. Homemaker said...

Aww, the 1st bday is always so bittersweet. It's fun to celebrate but sad to think of them not as baby's anymore. Happy Birthday to your lil guy. :)

Drea said...

Ohhh I know... it has gone by way to fast!!! Hes such a sweet little guy with the cutest face and curly head of hair. We are excited to be a part of his special day.

Anonymous said...

Aw, the 1st birthday is probably the most bittersweet, right along with the other big events (graduation, marriage, etc).
Enjoy the special day!

Anonymous said...

Aww. How fun! Cute photos.