Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WW: Stray or Stay

We've had a visitor the last month or so... a little "stray" dog that occasionally visits and then disappears only to return a few days later.

Chris has determined that this dog is his dog, his pet.

But this picture clearly shows the debate. A Daddy protecting his son from an unknown dog and a son very willing to make friends!


Chris even smiled for a picture with his dog, Rover (I think that was the last name they had chosen for her).


Oh, a dog!! Some days I wonder how we will get the house in decent shape....

and my son is wanting to add another chore to our list... yes, I'll use the word OUR because I know I'd have to help him, since he is only 4! This really isn't the right time for us to be adding again to the family.

But then I hear a whimper and look down at this face...


And look a these faces... too "scared" to come outside with the dog, but not wanting to miss a moment!


And there is my son bestowing the highest level of affection onto the dog...

showing her his favorite toy gun!!

This dog isn't going to be our dog! She ran when Chris started pulling out balls to show her (smart dog... LOL!!) She's not the type of dog that would play with him... he tried "fetch", too!! She really just wants to be pet.

But I"m thankful my kids are wanting to care for her. We're praying our little wanderer finds her way home soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWW! Chris is so sweet. She looks a little old, but well cared for. I wonder if someone has put up missing signs or anything.

Mrs. Stam said...

I got to say that is one pretty dog :-) Chris is soo sweet!

daniii♥ said...

cuteeeeeee

Unknown said...

He looks like a great dog. Sorry it wasn't the right fit.

Jenny said...

Cute dog. I wonder if he has a chip? You'd have to take him to the vet to find out though.

Crystal Roberts said...

Are you sure you may not end up keeping him? He sure is cute, as all your pictures are : )