Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wordless Wednesday: BIG Gourds

Brian went on Deacon visitation and came back with HUGE Squash!! HUGE... I have never seen such BIG Squash before!!! The one Anna is holding is as long as my forearm.... from my elbow to my fingertips.... just ONE would feed an army:)

Thanks to our sweet friends who generously shared their produce with us!!!

Now, I love squash cooked in the microwave with butter (oopps... I mean LITE, milk-free margarine), pepper and a little salt!! And Grandma taught me to make fried squash. Anyone got anymore kid-friendly, milk-free (or easily substituted) squash recipes:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have look here:http://jennysblog2007.blogspot.com/2009/01/pasta-and-zucchini.html
By the way, I am a little bit jealous that you have got yellow ones. I cannot get them here in my area. That's why I tried last year to let them grow on my balcony. But this year I only have tomatoes.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I just saw that I wrote down the recipe for one portion so you have to change the amount for yourself.

I am Harriet said...

Nice looking gourds at that!

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/carrie-meets-ferris.html

Quiet Mom said...

Yum! Happy WW!

Tell Me Thursday said...

Happy Wordless Wednesday to you! Hope you can join us over at Tell Me Thursday sometime to tell the story behind your photos!

Mrs. Stam said...

Wow great looking squash and kiddos! Happy WW

BK said...

Pardon me, I don't have any recipes to share. But those squashes look very big indeed. They must be pretty yummy too. :)

Mark and Rachel said...

Behind on some posts due to travels with my parents, but we like to cut squash/zucchini and add onion, garlic, salt/pepper and olive oil. Place in two layers of foil (or maybe one thick one?) and put on the grill, or down by the emberes of a fire. YUM!

amy05 said...

I actually just posted a new recipe I tried out it was super duper yummy lol it does have one egg in it possibly you can substitute it not sure but here it is...

http://frugallyfrugalicious.blogspot.com/2009/07/something-new-to-do-with-your-sqaush.html

Enjoy and hopefully it works out for ya'll! We love fried squash and these here! My hubby just uses this and zuchni squash (think I spelled that wrong) potatoes and onion puts them on a kabob or in foil and makes grilled veggies on the grill! Enjoy!